1. "The Little Willow" is a story of silent, unexpressed love that is more influential and inspiring than the articulate and expressed one. Comment. OR
Lisby wins over the sympathy of the readers. Elucidate.
2. Discuss the psychological theme of the story, 'The Basement Room'. OR
Why did Master Philip disclose the secrets?
3. Write a character sketch of Mr. Snowball. OR
"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Discuss this statement with reference to 'Animal Farm".
4. "Riders to the Sea" is a play of stoic resignation. Discuss. OR
Draw a character sketch of the old lady Maurya, in 'The Riders to the Sea'.
5. "Fate is like this for us. All is settled. To alter it is useless. We could only return to this when we are wise again." Discuss these lines with reference to the play 'A Parting'. OR
Write a character sketch of Juliet. (A Parting)