1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Wednesday, 14 January 2015
PAST PAPER B - YEAR 2005
10. YEAR 2005
Attempt FIVE questions in all including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY and TWO questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following:
(i) "Should God create another Eve, and I
Another rib afford, yet loss of thee
Would never from any heart..."
(ii) "Earth has not anything to show more fair
Dull would he be of soul who could pass by
A sight so touching in its majesty..."
(iii) At a touch sweet pleasure melteth
Like to bubbles when rain pelteth
(iv) Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice,
From what I've tested of desire
I hold with those who favour fire.
(v) And a voice less loud, thro its joys and fears,
Than the two hearts beating each to each!
(vi) "Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more."
SECTION - A
2. What is tragic flaw in Macbeth's character? How far does it contribute to his tragedy?
3. "The opening scenes of Shakespeare's plays are always important from dramatic point of view". Discuss with reference to Macbeth.
4. Does the action of the Glass Menagerie consist mainly of inward or outward events?
5. Write a note on T.T. William's art of characterization.
SECTION - B
6. Write a note on Browning's optimism.
7. Bring out the elements of modernity in Frost's poetry.
8. Write a critical appreciation of the poem 'Meg Merrilies'.
9. Discuss the loss of spiritualism as lamented by Wordsworth in different poems you have read.
10. What picture of Satan do you get from lines 105-124 (Book I, Paradise Lost)