1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Wednesday, 14 January 2015
PAST PAPER OPTIONAL - YEAR 2004
1. YEAR 2004
Attempt FIVE questions in all. All questions carry equal marks.
1. What are the creative potentialities of the film industry? What can it do for the reformation of the society? Discuss in the light of A.P. Hunter's essay 'A Clergyman Looks at the Movies'. OR
What method is adopted by A.P. Herbert to produce humorous effect in his essay 'About Bathrooms'.?
2. What is the attitude of T.S. Eliot towards censorship on Literature? Answer in the light of his essay 'Literary Taste'. OR
What idea do you form about the character of the tailor, after reading Stephen Leacock's essay 'My Tailor'.
3. Discuss some of the thematic concerns in the title 'As You Like it' by William Shakespeare. OR
Critically evaluate the character of Touchstone in the play 'As You Like it' by William Shakespeare.
4. Critically evaluate the character of Henchard in the novel 'The Mayor of Casterbridge' by Thomas Hardy. OR
To what extent is it appropriate to view the novel 'The Mayor of Casterbridge' by Thomas Hardy as a novel about transitions, charting the change and disorder in Southern English communities?
5. Discuss the character of Jacques in the play 'As You Like it" by William Shakespeare. OR
What arguments does Allama Iqbal give in defence of the demand for the creation of a Muslim State in India? Discuss in the light of the extract 'The Pakistan Idea'.