Attempt any FIVE questions in all. Question No. 1 is COMPULSORY. Attempt at least TWO questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following:
(i) Ever let Fancy room,
Pleasure never is at home:
(ii) They cannot look out far
They cannot look in deep
But when was that ever a bar
To any watch they keep?
(iii) The Chief's eye flashed; but
Presently softened itself, as sheaths
A film the mother-eagle's eye.
(iv) Such seemed this man,
Not all active nor dead,
Nor all asleep-in his extreme old eye.
(v) A dagger of the mind, a false
Creation. Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain
As this which now I draw.
(vi) On Man's first disobedience, and the fruit
Of that forbidden tree, whose mortal taste
Brought death into the world .....
3. Macbeth is a study of evil. Comment.
4. Tennessee William is trying to force in 'The Glass Menagerie' a spectrum of fractured human relationships. Comment.
5. Is 'Glass Menagerie' a sad and grim play?
7. Discuss Wordsworth as a poet of human relationships.
8. Frost is a poet of human situations and predicaments. Discuss.
9. Bring out Keats' love of Beauty and Nature in his poems.
10. Discuss Robert Browning as an exponent of psychological realism.