1. How does Lisby win over the sympathy of the readers in the story 'The Little Willow" by Francis Towers. OR
Give critical comments on the story 'The Maria' by Elizabeth Bowen.
2. Obviously for sincere purpose of friendliness, Baines exploited the young boy, Philip for his compulsive love affair with Emmy. How far is it true? Refer to the story 'The Basement Room' by Graham Greene. OR
The ships produced by Cec's company show Cec's character. Do you agree? Refer to the story 'Local Boy Makes Good' by John Moore.
3. Describe the causes of the failure of the animals' rebellion to bring about an ideal society in 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell. OR
What is the role of dogs in suppressing the other animals on the farm in 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell?
4. Discuss 'Fatalism' as the core of the play 'A Parting' by Gordon Bottomley. OR
Draw a character sketch of Maurya of 'Riders to the Sea' by John Millington Synge.
5. Bring out the irony in the play 'The End of the Beginning' by Sean O' Casey. OR
Who is a better person in the play 'An Old Friend' by Edmond See? Give characteristics that make him better?