Attempt FIVE questions in all. All questions carry equal marks.
1. In 'The Basement Room' the child is too young to understand adult life and keep its secrets. Discuss. OR
Write a critical appreciation of the story 'The Little Willow".
2. Draw a character sketch of Mr. Hoctor. Or
The ships produced by Cec's company show Cec's character. Do you agree?
3. Discuss 'Animal Farm' as a political satire. OR
Describe and compare the characters of Boxer and Mollie.
4. Write a critical appreciation of the play "And Old Friend." OR
"The End of Beginning" is based on the theme of male chauvinism. Elaborate.
5. Discuss "Time's Visitors" as a purpose play. OR
Draw a character sketch of the old lady, Mayrya, in "Riders to the Sea".