1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Tuesday, 20 January 2015
PAST PAPER B - YEAR 2012
16. YEAR 2012
Attempt any FIVE questions including COMPULSORY Question No. 1. Attempt at least TWO questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following:
(i) Something sinister in the tone
Told my secret must be known:
(ii) Toad in a poisoned tank,
Or wild cats in a red-hot iron cage ---
(iii) She will bring, in spite of frost
Beauties that the earth hath lost;
(iv) This city now doth, like a garment, wear
The beauty of morning;
(v) Turn whereoe'er I may,
By night or day,
The things which I have seen I now can see no more.
(vi) Since, through experience of this great event
In arms not worse, in foresight much advanced,
SECTION - A
2. Why do the boldest steps taken by Macbeth and Lady Macbeth fail?
3. Trace the elements of supernatural in 'Macbeth'.
4. Do you think Laura Wingfield fails simply because she is handicapped? (The Glass Menagerie)
5. Amanda Wingfield in 'The Glass Menagerie' is very well meaning yet she fails. Why?
SECTION - B
6. Give an estimate of Milton as epic writer with reference to the lines of 'Paradise Lost' included in your course.
7. What role do memories play in 'Ode on Intimations of Immortality' by Wordsworth?
8. What riches and what blessings does Fancy bestow upon us? (Ode to Fancy by Keats)
9. Trace Browning's optimism in the poems included in your course.
10. What human dilemma does Frost present in 'The Road Not Taken'?