| Notes Prepared By: Prof. Shahbaz Asghar|
1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Tuesday, 20 January 2015
PAST PAPER B - YEAR 2009
14. YEAR 2009
Attempt any FIVE questions in all including COMPULSORY Question No. 1. Attempt at least TWO questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following;
(i) Ships, towers, domes, theatres, and temples lie
Open unto the fields, and to the sky,
(ii) While the sun shines warm,
And the babe leaps up on the mother's arm.
(iii) God doth not need
Either man's work or his own gifts.
(iv) Tree at my window, window tree,
My sash is lowered when night comes on;
(v) O thou soul of my soul! I shall clasp thee again,
And with God be the rest!
(vi) Thus ye live on high, and then
On the earth ye live again;
SECTION - A
2. Where does Macbeth's tragedy originate from? Could he avoid it?
3. Discuss Lady Macbeth as the fourth witch.
4. What is the theme of 'The Glass Menagerie' by Tennessee Williams?
5. What makes the last act of 'The Glass Menagerie' so pathetic?
SECTION - B
6. What is the true significance of 'They also serve who only stand and wait' in special circumstances of Milton?
7. What does poor Susan recall in her reverie and why? (The Reverie of Poor Susan).
8. Discuss Keats as a pure poet in the light of the poems included in your course.
9. Trace irony in 'My Last Duchess' by Robert Browning.
10. What is the nature of Frost's experience in 'Bereft'?