Attempt FIVE questions in all including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY ant two questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following:
(i) Thou from the first
Wast present, and with might wings outspread;
Dove - like sat'st broading
(ii) Turn wheresoe'er I may,
By night or day,
The things which I have seen I now can see no more.
(iii) Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Sir,'t was not.
(iv) Her husband's presence only, called that spot of joy
Into the Duchess' cheek.
(v) To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice
(vi) And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
3. Of all Shakespeare's female characters Lady Macbeth stands out in ambition and perseverance. Discuss.
4. Is Jimmy Porter a victim or victimiser or both?
5. Discuss "Look Back in Anger" as a new voice and new message in the post war society.
7. Bring out Wordsworth's love of nature from any two poems included in your course.
8. Discuss Keats' 'To Autumn' as a great poem of superb design.
9. Critically evaluate Browning's 'Prospice'.
10. Discuss Robert Frost as a poet of Nature.