1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Wednesday, 7 January 2015
PAST PAPER B - YEAR 1998
3. YEAR 1998
Attempt FIVE questions in all including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY and TWO Questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following:
(i) "O fairest of creation, last and best
Of all God's works; creature in whom excelled
Whatever can to sight or thought be formed,
Holy, Diving, good amiable, or sweet!
(ii) ..... And I have felt
A presence that disturbs me with the joy
Of elevated thoughts; a sense sublime
Of something far more deeply infused,
(iii) Fear death? To feel the fog in my throat
The mist in my face,
When the snows begin, and the blasts denote
I am nearing the place.
(iv) ..... Come, sealing night;
Scarf up the tender eye of pitiful day
And with the bloody and invisible hand
Cancel and tear to pieces that great bond
Which keeps it pale!
(v) Where are the songs of spring? Ay, where are they?
Think not of them, thou hast thy music too,
While barred clouds bloom the soft-dying day,
And touch the stubble-plains with rosy hue.
(vi) I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence;
Two roads diverged in a wood and I
I took the one less travelled by,
And that had made all the difference.
SECTION - A
2. To what extent are the decisions and actions of Macbeth influenced by the witches?
3. Write a note on the murder scene of King Duncan.
4. What do you know about Macduff.
5. Banquo like Macbeth was ambitious but of less degree. Explain.
SECTION - B
6. Discuss the poetry of Robert Frost as the poetry of isolation.
7. Like Romantics, Keats also loves Nature. Explain.
8. Critically examine Milton's poem "On His Twenty Third Birthday".
9. "Ode on Intimation of Immorality" by Wordsworth is lyrical and emotional besides philosophical. What is your estimate?
10. Write a note on the obscurity of Browning's poetry.