1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Wednesday, 21 January 2015
PAST PAPER B - YEAR 2013
17. YEAR 2013
Attempt any FIVE questions including COMPULSORY Question No. 1. Attempt at least TWO questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following:
(i) ..... What in me is dark
Illumine, what is low raise and support
(ii) Milton! thou should'st be living at this hour;
England hath need of thee: she is a fen
(iii) Much converse do I find in thee,
Historian of my infancy!
(iv) Thus ye live on high, and then
On the earth, ye live again;
(v) ..... 'twas not
Her husband's presence only that called that spot
Of joy into the Duchess' cheek;
(vi) Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same
SECTION - A
2. Draw a character sketch of Macbeth.
3. Discuss Lady Macbeth as the fourth witch.
4. Amanda underestimates herself and that is the root cause of her complex. Discuss. (Glass Menagerie)
5. 'Glass Menagerie' shows that getting married well is still important for American women. Elaborate.
SECTION - B
6. How far do you know of Milton's grand style? Elaborate quoting from the lines included in your course.
7. Quoting profusely from 'Immortality Ode', discuss how Wordsworth recollected a memory in tranquility?
8. What attributes does Keats pay to ancient poets in his ode 'Ode to Poets'?
9. Bring out the character of Duchess from Browning's 'My Last Duchess'.
10. How does Frost sing of the tree at his window?