1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Tuesday, 13 January 2015
PAST PAPER B - YEAR 2003
8. YEAR 2003
Attempt FIVE questions in all including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY and TWO questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following.
(i) The poetry of earth is never dead;
When all the birds are faint with the hot sun,
And hide in cooling tree, ......
(ii) At a touch sweet pleasure melteth,
Like to bubbles when rain peltech.
(iii) To serve there with my Maker and present
My true account, lest he returning chide;
'Doth God exact day - labour, light deny'd'.
(iv) The child is the father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each in natural piety.
(v) Round the cape of a sudden came the sea,
And the sun looked over the mountain's rim.
(vi) Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
SECTION - A
2. What is the most crucial moment in 'Macbeth' and what does it lead to?
3. Discuss moral atmosphere in 'Macbeth'.
4. What is Tennessee William trying to repel and expose in "Glass Menagerie"?
5. Can we regard Amanda as a typical American mother? Elaborate.
6. Critically appreciate Milton's 'On His Blindness'.
7. To Wordsworth nature was a teacher as well as healer. Elaborate with the help of any two poems in your course.
8. Bring out Keats' love of Beauty and Nature from the poems included in your course.
9. Attempt critical appreciation of 'Incident of the French Camp' by Robert Browning.
10. Frost is a poet of human situations, solitariness and deprivation. Elaborate with the help of poems in your course.